Soft Rock B 105.7 Christmas Choir
Revised as of 12/1/11
1.B 105.7 will give Kindergarten through 12th grade school choirs in the Indianapolis 8-county area a chance to claim the title as B 105.7’s 2011 Christmas Choir Competition winner in their division.
a. DIVISION I: Kindergarten-5th grade
b. DIVISION II: 6th-8th grade
c. DIVISION III: 9th-12 grade
a. Cash Prize:
i. Division I, Division II and Division III winners will receive $1000 cash each for their
school music department.
ii. Total Cash Prizes: $3,000
b. Performance before a show of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Yuletide
i. Performance date is in December 2011 at the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Each division winning choir will be recognized at the performance and will be asked to perform their winning song, in the lobby of the theatre before the show.
ii. Additional tickets will be made available for purchase for family members wishing to stay and attend the Yuletide concert.
c. Showcasing of song on B 105.7: B 105.7 will showcase each winning school’s song on the air on Christmas Eve.
3. SUBMISSION DATES: October 31 – November 18, 2011 School choirs are responsible for submitting entries beginning on October 31 through midnight on Friday, November 18, 2011. Each entry must include one (1) holiday song recorded on CD or common audio file such as a mp3 and include the lead representative’s name, school, and contact information. Desired length for song submission is two minutes or less. The representative submitting the entry is responsible for having received previous written permission from all performers or from a parent or legal guardian if the performer is less than 18 years of age.
4. One entry per choir, singing group, or performance unit. Realizing that schools may have multiple choirs based on grade level and size, separate multiple entries may be submitted from any individual school. Submissions will be placed in Division I (Kindergarten-5th grade), Division II (6th-8th grade), Division III (9th-12th grade). Each entry must be submitted as a separate CD via mail (received by Nov. 18), OR online at www.B 105.77.com (received by midnight Nov. 18), , or dropped off at the B 105.7 Studios, 40 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 (received by 5pm Nov. 18). Entry deadline for all submissions is midnight, Friday, November 18, 2011.
5. Each entry will be judged for professional sound and performance quality. Top five choirs in each of the three categories will be selected by B 105.7 judges to participate in the competition. Each choir selected to be in the competition will receive a minimum of one airplay of their entry on B 105.7 and compete against other choir(s) in their category for votes. Public, on-line votes will be taken and tabulated online at www.B 105.77.com for from 9am Nov. 28 - until midnight Dec. 2.
6. VOTING PROCESS:
a.Division I (Kindergarten-5thgrade): Nov. 21-23, 2011. B 105.7 judges will select five semi-finalists who will be selected for the public on-line finals. These five choirs will be selected and notified the week of Nov. 21 with their song played on-air. One grand prize winner from public tabulations (Nov. 28 – Dec. 2) for Division I will be announced on December 5th, 2011 during the morning show with Sean Copeland.
b.Division II (6th-8th grade): Nov. 21-23, 2011. B 105.7 judges will select five semi-finalists who will be selected for the public on-line finals. These five choirs will be selected and notified the week of Nov. 21 with their song played on-air. One grand prize winner from public tabulations (Nov. 28 – Dec. 2) for Division II will be announced on December 5th, 2011 during the morning show with Sean Copeland.
c.Division III (9th-12th grade): Nov. 21-23, 2011. B 105.7 judges will select five semi-finalists who will be selected for the public on-line finals. These five choirs will be selected and notified the week of Nov. 21 with their song played on-air. One grand prize winner from public tabulations (Nov. 28 – Dec. 2) for Division III will be announced on December 5th, 2011 during the morning show with Sean Copeland.
c.For each of the three divisions, the school choir receiving the most eligible votes on the B 105.7 website in the final round of competition will win $1000 in cash plus the opportunity to perform with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Yuletide in December 2011. NOTE: If winning school in either division in unable to perform at this event, it will not disqualify the school from competition. B 105.7 reserves the right to select an alternate school (1st runner up) in their division to participate at the December 2011 show.
d.Requirements for winning choirs at the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Yuletide:
i. Choirs are expected to dress in a professional, holiday manner.
ii. Schools must provide two (2) adult chaperones.
7. VOTING RULES:
a. Log on to B 105.77.com and click on the Christmas Choir Contest link to vote for your favorite school choir. Voters are presented with options to vote for the competing schools.
b. Voter is limited to one vote per registration of e-mail address per day.
8. B 105.7 is not responsible for inability to vote on the station’s website due to technical difficulties. Prize will not be awarded to any individual(s) but will be awarded to the legal school district or organization operating the winning school. Prize cannot be transferred or substituted.
9.B 105.7 reserves the right to terminate the contest or permanently disqualify any person believed to have intentionally violated these official rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest or the operation thereof is unlawful subject to legal action by B 105.7, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. B 105.7 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these official rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules).
10. In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, B 105.7 reserves the right to select a finalist and/or grand prize winner, as applicable, and award all remaining prizes at our sole discretion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension based on the judging criteria described above.
11. Contest is open to all Kindergarten though 12th grade public or private schools accredited by the State of Indiana and within one of the 8 counties: Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Boone, Morgan, Hendricks. Chances of winning will be determined by the number of entries received and votes received and are not possible to calculate at this time.
12. B 105.7 retains sole and exclusive possession and retains all rights to use any performance entry, or any part thereof, indefinitely in any promotions including, but not limited to on-air usage. The aforementioned stipulations apply to all winning and non-winning entries. By entering the contest, entrants grant B 105.7 the non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, edit (including for length) the entry and incorporate it in other works in any and all markets, media now hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
13. B 105.7 and participating sponsors are not responsible for costs associated with submitting any entry or any costs or taxes arising out of participating in the contest or failure to adhere to official contest rules.
14. B 105.7 and participating sponsors are not responsible for any injury incurred during the performance of any entry; nor are they responsible for failure of any individual or organization’s failure to submit entries in the required manner.
15. All prizes are to be claimed at the B 105.7 Studios or as decided upon once they have been won. Winners are required to present a valid article of identification. All identification submitted to verify a winner is subject to acceptance by B 105.7 in its sole discretion. Identification which is counterfeit, illegible, tampered with or otherwise altered will not be accepted.
16. Where applicable; B 105.7, affiliates, participating sponsors, their agencies and the like, or any member thereof, make no claims of merchantability or validity of Prize. See manufacturer(s)/ producer for complete warranty and operating instructions as it pertains to prize.
17. Employees of B 105.7, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each, and employees of all radio media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the B 105.7 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employees are current legal guardian.
18.All decisions of B 105.7 concerning this contest or eligibility are final. Rules are subject to change without notice. All applicable B 105.7 general contest rules apply. No purchase is necessary.
# # #